As indicated in my last post to this Blog, I am planning on announcing the 12 most outstanding legislators with whom I served during the Golden Age of the Florida Legislature (described by members of the Press Corps as the 70’s and ’80’s). Hopefully these examples of excellance might prompt a dialogue of improving our state political governance and campaigning.
I have received a surprising number of responses, comments and suggestions regarding the announcement. Some readers have even submitted names for consideration. It occurs to me it might be appropriate to welcome any other comments or suggestions, since I do not plan on starting the announcements within this Blog until the first of the year. I will read all of the reader comments, but reserve my independence in making the selection. I will not release the comments I receive, but cannot control internet distribution from the sender. Names or circumstances of which I may not be aware or forgotten hopefully will be captured with this action.
If you wish to comment, may I provide for you my general objectives:
- .Recognize the truly outstanding legislators serving in either chamber and or either party during the ’70’s and ’80’s.
- The legislators should have been among the most effective, with the highest level of integrity.
- The areas of expertise or number of years of service should not necessarily be a factor.
- Any lasting or memorial of achievement, such as the author of a significant law, is noteworthy.
- Disregard other levels or service in office–I really think it is best to focus just on the legislature service.
Please send any communication in response to this Blog or to my email address: email@example.com. Thank you.